This is an exciting opportunity to join a world leading provider of Wealth Management Systems as a Support Escalation Engineer.
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Use advanced troubleshooting methods and tools to solve technically complex problems
- Deal with complex escalated problems which require broad product knowledge and may include support of additional product lines. You will be given every opportunity to work across all modules of Touchstone’s NavOne solution
- Assist in the growth of other engineers through mentoring, training scenarios and collaboration during problem solving
- Work alongside other colleagues, to update internal Wiki/content libraries
- Represent Touchstone and communicate with customers via telephone, written correspondence, on-site visits, or electronic service regarding escalated problems in Touchstone’s software products,
- and manage relationships with those customers
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly qualified business consultants, technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences
- Be responsive to customer needs, which may sometimes require working outside of normal business hours
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this will involve writing code
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released Touchstone products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities
- Lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other staff members and develop customer solutions to issues efficiently
A world leading company, Touchstone provides a friendly working environment, together with a competitive salary and a benefits package.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter of introduction, in the strictest of confidence, to Peter Le Brocq, Managing Director
The closing date for applications is Thursday 9th March 2016.